Chicken Breast Strips with Mushrooms
- 3 medium green bell peppers,cut in thin strips
- 4 green onions,cut diagonally
- 5 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup(250 g) 35% cream
- 1¹⁄³ cup mushrooms,sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound(480 g) skinless,boneless chicken breasts,cut into strips
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- 10 oz(300g) canned cream of mushroom soup
- In nonstick skillet,melt butter.
- Add sliced mushrooms and green bell peppers and sautè until the peppers are crisp-tender.
- Add thyme and lemon juice,stir and set aside.
- In another skillet,heat vegetable oil and sautè chicken strips.
- Add seasoning and remove excess fat from skillet when chicken strips are cooked.
- Fold 35% cream into cream of mushroom soup and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute over medium heat.
- Add mushroom mixture to cooked chicken,stir well,then pour over mushroom soup.
- Sprinkle with green onions and serve hot.