Fresh Vegetable Broth
1 medium onion(peels left on,studded with 4 whole cloves)
2 cloves garlic(peels left on and lightly bruised)
2 ribs celery with leaves,cut into large chunks
2 carrots(peels left on and cut into large chunks)
2 leeks,trimmed and cut into large chunks
8 white mushrooms,halved
8 parsley sprigs
2 fresh dill sprigs
1 bay leaf
8 black peppercorns
1 tsp coarse salt
10 cups water
3G of Fat
- 1.Rinse all the vegetables well.
- 2.Place all ingredients in a large heavy pot.
- 3.Bring to a boil,reduce the heat,and simmer uncovered for 1 hour.
- 4.Adjust the seasonings to taste and simmer for 30 min longer.
- 5.Strain the broth,reserving the vegetables for a puree to eat as is or to thicken stew sauces.
- 6.Let the fresh vegetable broth cool to room temperature,then refrigerate covered in a storage container or freeze.
- 7.Refrigerated it will keep about 4 days.This fresh vegetable broth recipe may be doubled.