Fried Chicken Wings Satay
- 15 meaty chicken wings,cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- satay sauce(recipe follows)
- cooking oil for deep frying
- For Satay Sauce:
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced shallots
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a mixing bowl,combine chicken wings,soy sauce,sugar,lemon juice and curry powder.
- Stir well,cover closely and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Preheat cooking oil in a deep fryer to 360°F(180°C).
- Drop marinated chicken wings into the deep fat and cook until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove cooked chicken wings and drain on paper towel.
- Serve hot with satay sauce.
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Cook sweet red pepper,turning at intervals.
- Place cooked pepper in a brown paper bag and let stand until cool enough.
- Remove and discard the skin.
- Cut into small cubes.
- Preheat vegetable oil in a small skillet.
- Add the shallots and cook briefly,stirring.
- Add cubed pepper and remove from the heat.
- In a small saucepan,bring coconut cream to the simmer.
- Pour and scrape pepper cubes into the cream.
- Add the peanut butter and sugar and stir well.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Blend mixture in a blender.
- Return blended mixture to a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Add the curry powder and cook briefly,stirring.