Fried Tamarind Potatoes
- 4 large potatoes.peeled and cubed
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 3 cloves shallots.thinly sliced
- 1 chilli
- In a large nonstick skillet,preheat vegetable oil.
- Add cubed potatoes and fry until they ate half cooked.
- Add minced garlic,shallots and chili.
- Continue cooking,stirring occasionally,until the shallots have softened and the potatoes have crisp edges.
- Just before serving pour in tamarind sauce (see recipe below) and stir fry to coat potatoes evenly.
- Serve fried tamarind potatoes hot.
- 1 tablespoon tamarind pulp(use 2 tablespoons lemon juice as substitute)
- 3 tablespoons fresh water
- 2 tablespoons thick dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a small mixing bowl,combine all ingredients.
- Mix well and pour over fried potatoes.