Full-Flavored Beef Stew
- 2 lbs beef roast,cut into cubes
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 medium onion,sliced
- 1½ cups peas
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 8-oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Combine beef and vegetables in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with tapioca,salt and pepper.
- Combine together tomato sauce and water.
- Mix well and pour over ingredients in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Cover and cook on Low 8 hours.
Variation for beef stew:
- Add peas one hour before cooking time ends to keep their color and flavor.