Grilled Shrimp with Olive Oil and Herb Sauce
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped shallots
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp finely chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped basil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 lbs shrimp,shelled and deveined
- buerre blanc
- In a large bowl,combine the shallots,garlic,mustard,wine,lemon juice.oil,rosemary,parsley,basil,salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the shrimp and stir to blend.
- Refrigerate and let stand a minimum of 2 hours.
- When ready to cook,preheat a cleaned,well-scrubbed outdoor grill to high.
- Brush the grill lightly with oil.
- Arrange an equal number of the shrimp-perhaps 7 or 8-on 4 skewers.
- Arrange them so that they will lie flat and touching when placed on the grill.
- Place the skewered shrimp on the grill and cook 1½ to 2 minutes,or until the shrimp can be lifted from the grill without sticking.
- Turn the shrimp and cook them 1½-to 2 minutes,or until done.
- Remove grilled shrimp from the skewers and arrange them,edges slightly overlapping,on each of 4 plates.
- Serve grilled shrimp with lemon wedges or,if you wish,with beurre blanc,or white sauce,spooned over.