Jerk Pork Ribs
- In a large bowl,coat the ribs with Jamaican jerk sauce and rub it in well with rubber gloves.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Remove marinated ribs and any excess marinade to a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes,turning the ribs and basting occasionally.
- Prepare a charcoal grill with medium-hot coals.
- Grill the ribs until browned and cooked through(about 25-30 minutes).
- Turn them 4-5 times and baste with jerk sauce.
- Serve jerk pork ribs hot.
Jamaican Jerk Sauce:
- 6 scallion greens,thinly sliced
- 2 large shallots,minced
- 2 large cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 habanero chili,seeds and ribs removed,minced
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a small bowl,combine the scallion greens,shallots,minced garlic,ginger and chili.
- Stir well and set aside.
- In another bowl,combine the spices,thyme,salt and brown sugar.
- Mix well and whisk the orange juice,both vinegars and soy sauce.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil,while whisking constantly.
- Add the scallion mixture and stir well to combine.
- Set aside for 1 hour before marinating meat (makes 2½ cups).