Oven Baked Potato and Almond Croquettes
- 1 pound(480 g) sweet potatoes,peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons scallion.minced
- 1/2 cup(125 g) grated cheddar cheese
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup(125 g) finely ground almonds
- 1/2 cup(60 g) whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups370 g) breadcrumbs
- 1 egg,beaten
- In a medium pot filled with water,place cubed potatoes.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer partially covered until potatoes are ready.
- Remove cooked potatoes from the heat,drain and place in a large bowl.
- Mash potatoes until smooth.
- Add butter,scallions,grated cheese,cayenne pepper,nutmeg and seasoning.
- Mix well and add finely ground almonds along with flour and beaten egg.
- Stir well until the egg completely mixed into all ingredients.
- Refrigerate potato mixture for about 30 minutes.
- When the potato mixture is cold enough,form it into a balls.
- Preheat oven to 375°F(190ºC).
- Place breadcrumbs in shallow bowl.
- Roll chilled potato balls in the breadcrumbs.
- Grease baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Arrange potato balls on greased baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until lightly brown and crispy.