Oven Baked Quiche Lorraine
- 8 oz(240 g) plain flour
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- 5 oz(150 g) butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh water
- 2 throughcut bacon rashers,diced
- 3 oz(90 g) Cheddar cheese,grated
- 2 eggs,beaten
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- In a mixing bowl,combine plain flour and seasoning.
- Stir well and rub in 4 oz(120 g) of the butter until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Gradually add the water and knead to a dough.
- Roll out and use to line a greased 8-inches(20 cm) pie plate.
- Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 400°F(199°C).
- Lightly fry in remaining butter diced bacon.
- Sprinkle cooked bacon and grated cheese over the bottom of the flash case.
- In a mixing bowl,combine beaten eggs,milk and seasoning.
- Beat well and pour mixture into flan.(Don’t overfill!)
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes,then reduce heat to 325°F(160°C) and bake for additional 25-30 minutes.
- Serve quiche lorraine hot.