Baked Chicken Tagine2013-08-08
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 45m
Baked chicken Tagine.This delicious chicken recipe belongs to Moroccan cuisine.
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and freshly grpound black pepper
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken stock
- 1 lemon,thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup green olives
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro,chopped
In a mixing bowl,combine paprika,cumin, turmeric, cinnamon,salt and black pepper. Mix well. Rub chicken pieces with dry mixture.
In a saute pan,heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add seasoned chicken pieces and brown on all sides.
Using a slotted spoon,remove from the pan. Set aside.
Add chopped onion to hot oil and saute,stirring,for 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and ginger and saute for a further 1 minute.
Add chicken stock and browned chicken pieces. Reduce heat to low,cover pan and saute for 10 minutes.
Stir in lemon slices,harissa and honey. Simmer,covered,for 25 minutes.
remove from the heat. Stir in fresh chopped cilantro and serve immediately.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe