Baked Lamb and Apricot Casserole2014-09-13
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
- 1 oz (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 large onion,peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and crushed
- 1 pound (480 g) boneless lamb,diced
- 3 teaspoons hot chili paste
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 10 oz (300 ml) dry red wine
- 2 pounds (960 g) chopped tomatoes
- 2 pounds(960 g) frozen chickpeas,drained
- 2½ cups (400 ml) hot water
- 2½ oz (75 g) dried apricots,chopped
- fresh coriander leaves to garnish
In frying pan , preheat olive oil over medium-high heat.
Add onion,garlic and lamb and cook , stirring , for 2-3 minutes.
Add hot chili paste and stir well for 2 minutes.
Place the lamb mixture in a casserole dish. Add all remaining ingredients,except coriander leaves. Stir well to combine.
Cover tightly with a casserole lid.
Preheat halogen (turbo) oven to 400 F (200 C). Place casserole on the low rack of preheated oven and cook for 50 minutes.
Remove the lid and cook for a further 10 minutes.
Serve baked lamb and apricot casserole with freshly chopped coriander and a side dish of sour cream.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe