Baked Shrimp with Fresh Citrus Sauce2012-09-08
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
Baked shrimp with fresh citrus sauce.Baked shrimp with excellent spicy homemade sauce.Very tasty!
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon harissa or hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large fennel bulb,cut into halves,cored and shaved paper-thin
- 4 celery ribs,thinly sliced
- 2 navel oranges,peeled and thinly sliced crosswise
- salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1½ pounds (720 g) shelled and deveined large shrimp
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
In medium bowl,whisk the freshly squeezed lemon juice and harissa with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the fennel,celery and orange slices. Season with salt and black pepper and toss. Transfer the salad to plates.
In large skillet,heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil until smoking. Season the shrimp with salt and black pepper and add to the skillet. Cook,stirring once,until just pink and curled,about 2 minutes. Transfer baked shrimp to a plate.
Add the grapefruit juice to the large skillet. Cook until grapefruit reduced by half. Swirl the butter into the reduced grapefruit juice. Add the chives and the baked shrimp. Simmer for 2 minutes,stirring occasionally. Top the fennel and celery salad with the baked shrimp and its sauce and serve
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe