Creamy White Wine Mushroom Meatball Sauce Recipe2017-08-14
- Yield : 1 cup
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
Creamy white wine mushroom meatball sauce recipe. Very delicious creamy sauce with mushrooms and white wine. This sauce excellent fit for Swedish meatballs. When cooking sauces, use a heavy saucepan and mix the mixture constantly.
Correct equipment makes the preparation of sauces simpler and quicker. I recommend that you should have the following in your kitchen:
- A double boiler. These are sold in various sizes. A 1½-quart size is ideal.
- A fine strainer. the best strainer is one known as a Chinese hat or conical strainer, which is, as its name implies, conical in shape.
- Wooden spoons. Always use wooden spoons in making sauces as metal spoons can taint the flavor, scratch the saucepan, and burn your hand.
- An asbestos mat. Most useful for keeping prepared sauces warm, or as a substitute for a double boiler for the slow cooking of a sauce.
So, now we are preparing creamy white wine mushroom meatball sauce recipe ( adapted from http://www.food.com/ ).
Creamy White Wine Mushroom meatball sauce recipe.
Creamy White Wine Mushroom Meatball Sauce Recipe
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 4 garlic lcoves, peeled and crushed
- 20 small mushrooms, thunly sliced
- 1 cup (250 ml) dry white wine
- 2 cups (500 ml) heavy (double) cream
- olive oil for frying
- 1 chicken stock cube, undiluted
Heat olive oil in medium nonstick skillet. Add onion, garlic, and mushrooms and fry over medium heat until browned.
Pour in dry white wine, the reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes or until the wine has soaked in. Crumble in chicken stock cube and stir in heavy cream.
Bring mixture to a boil over low heat. Simmer and thicker for 5-10 minutes.
Remove sauce from the heat. Set aside and allow to cool for 15-12 minutes.
Serve over Swedish or other kind of meatballs.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.