Fried Chicken Meatballs
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
Fried chicken meatballs. New version of delicious Swedish meatballs uses chicken for a lighter touch.
- 1 tablespoon+1 teaspoon reduced-calorie margarine,melted
- 1/4 cup (60 g) minced shallots
- 2 slices white bread,cubed
- 1 cup (250 ml) evaporated skimmed milk,divided
- 3/4 pound (360 g) ground lean chicken
- 1 large egg,lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 g)+ 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour,divided
- 1 cup(250 ml) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Heat melted margarine in a large nonstick skillet. Add minced shallots and cook,stirring,until tender,about 2 minutes. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl,combine cubed bread and 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk. Toss well and allow to stay for 5 minutes until milk is absorbed.
Add cooked shallots,chicken,egg and seasoning to bead mixture. Mix well. Shape into 32 equal bowls.
On a large sheet of wax paper,place 1/4 cup (60 g) all-purpose flour. Roll each chicken ball in flour evenly.
Add remaining melted margarine to the same skillet. Add half meatballs and cook,turning occasionally,until browned,for 10-12 minutes. Using a slotted spoon,remove cooked meatballs from the skillet and transfer to to a large plate. Repeat with remaining margarine and meatballs.
In a small mixing bowl,combine chicken broth,remaining milk,all-purpose flour, and Worcestershire sauce. Whisk well until flour is dissolved. Stir broth mixture into skillet,scraping up any remaining particles from bottom of skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat,then reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce thickens(for about 5 minutes). Return meatballs to a skillet and cook 5 minutes,until heated through.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe