Fried Shrimp Puffs2014-05-07
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
Fried Shrimp Puffs
Fried shrimp puffs are one of my favorite appetizers.Very easy and delicious recipe.Also an excellent choice for any party!
- 2 eggs,separated
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250g) all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups (750 g) cooked rice
- 1 pound (480 g) raw shrimp,peeled,dveined and chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 g) minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- oil for deep-frying
In a large mixing bowl,combine egg yolks,milk and vegetable oil. Whisk well.
In another mixing bowl,combine all-purpose flour,baking powder,onion powder and seasoning. Add to yolk mixture and mix well
Gently stir in cooked rice,chopped shrimp,parsley and hot pepper sauce.
In a mixing bowl beat egg whites until soft peaks from.Fold into shrimp mixture.
In deep-fat fryer,preheat cooking oil to 350°F(180°C). Drop batter by tablespoons into preheated oil. Fry shrimp puffs,a few at a time,for 1½ minutes on each side.
Drain on paper towels. Serve shrimp puffs warm.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe