Garlic-Parmesan Chicken Wings2015-02-23
- Yield : 24
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Garlic-Parmesan chicken wings.Baked chicken wings with two cheeses and garlic.An excellent appetizer.
- 2 large whole garlic bulbs
- 1 tablespoon,plus 1/2 cup (125 ml) extra virgin olive oil,divided
- 1/2 cup(125 g) butter,melted
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (375 g) seasoned bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup (180 g) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup (180 g) freshly grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 15 chicken wings (3 pounds(1.44 kg)),cut into three sections,wing tip section discarded
- freshly shopped parsley
Remove papery outer skin from garlic cloves(don't peel and separate cloves). Cut top off garlic bulbs and brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Wrap each garlic bulb in heavy-duty foil. Preheat your oven to 425 F (210 C). Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Remove from the oven,set aside and cool for 10-15 minutes.
In a blender,combine baked garlic cloves,melted butter,hot pepper sauce and remaining olive oil. Blend until smooth. Pour garlic mixture into a shallow bowl.
In another bowl,combine bread crumbs,Parmesan and Romano cheeses and black pepper. Stir well and set aside.
Dip chicken wings into garlic mixture. Coat with bread crumb mixture. Grease 15 x 10 inch baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken wings on greased baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining garlic mixture.
Bake in preheated (350 f) oven,uncovered,for 50-55 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve hot.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe