Grilled Lamb Kebabs with Prunes2013-02-06
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
- 12 prunes,stoned
- 5 oz (150 ml) dry red wine
- 1 pound (480 g) lean lamb,cut from the leg,cubed (12 large cubes)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 firm tomatoes,quartered
- 1 large onion,peeled and cut into wedges
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
In large saucepan,combine prunes and red wine. Bring to a boil,then remove from the heat and let soak for 30 minutes.
In a mixing bowl,combine lamb cubes,vegetable oil,salt,black pepper and thyme. Mix well,cover and leave for 30 minutes.
Preheat charcoal or gas grill.
Drain the prunes and reserve the wine. Thread the lamb,prunes,tomatoes,bacon and onion on to skewers.
Brush the kebabs with lamb marinade and the reserved wine,then sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Grill for 15 minutes,turning occasionally.
Arrange grilled lamb kebabs on a warmed serving plate. Serve with cooked rice.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe