Grilled Lobster Tail with Tropical Fruit2013-11-19
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
Grilled lobster tail with tropical fruit.Lobster with tropical fruits cooked in oven.
- 1/2 ripe golden pineapple,peeled,cored and cut into 1½ inches(4 cm) wedges
- 2 ripe bananas,peeled and cut crosswise into 1½-inches(4 cm) pieces
- 1 ripe mango,peeled,pitted and cubed into 1½-inches(4 cm) cubes
- 4 rock lobster tails
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Sweet Soy Glaze(recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup butter,melted
- 4 lime wedges
- For Sweet Soy Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 4 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chile-garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
Soak 4 bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes. Preheat gas grill at 350°F(180°C).
Alternately thread pineapple wedges,banana and mango pieces on the skewers,reserving remaining fruits for another use. Split each lobster tail lengthwise through the rounded top shell and through the meat and leave the flat bottom shell intact. Lightly brush the soy glaze sauce over the fruit skewers and the lobster meat.
Brush the grill grate and coat with cooking oil. Put the lobster tails,meat-side-down. Grill until nicely grill-marked for 3-5 minutes.
Press the tails onto the grill grate with spatula. Flip and grill until lobster meat is just firm and white,basting with soy glaze sauce,5-7 minutes more. Meanwhile,grill the tropical fruits alongside the lobster until nicely grill-marked,about 3-5 minutes per side. Serve grilled lobster tail with melted butter and lime wedges for squeezing.
Sweet Soy Glaze: In a small mixing bowl,combine all ingredients. Whisk well. Refrigerate in a tightly closed container for up to 2 weeks.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe