Grilled Rabbit in Spicy Marinade2020-10-13
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Main Dish
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 2
- Servings: 2
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 50m
- Ready In: 60m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
4 People rated this recipe
Grilled rabbit in spicy marinade. Marinated rabbit grilled in a charcoal or gas grill.
- 1 tablespoon gin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 4 dried juniper berries,crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest,grated
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound 2 oz (550-600g) thawed frozen rabbit parts
Combine together gin,oil,lemon juice,onion,juniper berries,grated lemon zest and black pepper in shallow bowl. Add rabbit and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 -3 hours.
Preheat charcoal or gas grill. Place rabbit on grilling rack and reserve marinade. Grill,turning occasionally and bast with reserved marinade,until tender,about 30 minutes.
posted by Donna Shelly on March 22, 2022
Do you have to use gin and juniper berries.? Can you taste the gin in it as I don’t like the taste or the smell of gin.
posted by Slava Bond on March 22, 2022
Hi, you can use apple cider as a substitute. Regards