Grilled Shrimp with Aioli Sauce2013-08-04
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
Grilled shrimp with aioli sauce. Barbecued shrimp served with spicy homemade aioli sauce.
- 2 pounds (960 g) jumbo shrimp,shells on,deveined
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and crushed
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup (250 ml) boiling water
- 4 cups (1 L) fresh cold water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- aioli sauce
- 2 dried red chile peppers
In a large heatproof nonstick bowl,combine salt,dried red chilies,garlic,sugar and boiling water. Stir well until salt and sugar are dissolved.
Add cold water and vinegar. Stir well again.
Add enough ice cubes to chill the mixture thoroughly. Place shrimp in mixture,adding additional cold water to cover. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes-1 hour.
Remove shrimp from marinade. Rinse shrimp under fresh cold water and pat dry with paper towel.
Brush shrimp with vegetable oil. Place on preheated grill and cook,turning once,until shrimp are pink(about 2 minutes per side). Serve grilled shrimp hot,in their shell with aioli sauce.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe