Grilled Shrimp with Olive Oil and Herb Sauce
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup (80ml) dry white wine
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemery leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped basil
- 2 pounds (960 g) shrimp,shlled and deveined
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a large bowl,combine the shallots,garlic,mustard,wine,lemon juice.oil,rosemary,parsley,basil,salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the shrimp and stir to blend. Refrigerate and let stand a minimum of 2 hours.
When ready to cook,preheat a cleaned,well-scrubbed outdoor grill to high. Brush the grill lightly with oil. Arrange an equal number of the shrimp-perhaps 7 or 8-on 4 skewers. Arrange them so that they will lie flat and touching when placed on the grill.
Place the skewered shrimp on the grill and cook 1½ to 2 minutes,or until the shrimp can be lifted from the grill without sticking. Turn the shrimp and cook them 1½-to 2 minutes,or until done. Remove grilled shrimp from the skewers and arrange them,edges slightly overlapping,on each of 4 plates. Serve grilled shrimp with lemon wedges or,if you wish,with beurre blanc,or white sauce,spooned over.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe