Herby Beef Stew2012-06-27
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 12:00 h
- Ready In : 12:10 h
- 2 pounds (960 g) stewing beef,cubed
- 2/3 cup (160 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 14 ½ oz (435 ml) can diced tomatoes in juice,undrained
- 8 oz (240 ml) tomato sauce
- 14 ½ oz (435 ml) can beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons kitchen bouquet
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika
- 4 celery heart ribs,chopped
- 5 mushrooms,sliced
- 3 potatoes,peeled and cubed
- 3 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1 large yellow onion,peeled and chopped
In a mixing bowl,combine flour,salt,and black pepper. Mix well.
Dredge meat in seasoned flour,then brown in oil in saucepan.
Place in slow cooker.
In a another bowl,combine remaining ingredients. Mix well. Pour mixture over seasoned meat in slow cooker and mix again.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 10-12 hours. Stir well before serving.
Average Member Rating
(4.5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe