- Servings : 6-8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 3:00 h
- Ready In : 3:10 h
- 1/2 cup (125 g) unsalted butter,softened
- 1/2 cup (125 g) granukated sugar
- 1 cup (250 ml) light molasses
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (250 ml) hot water
- whipped cream
- 1 egg,lightly beaten
Cream together butter and sugar. Add egg and molasses. Mix well.
Stir in flour,baking soda,cinnamon,ginger,cloves,and salt.Mix well.Add hot water. Beat well.
Pour batter into greased and floured 2-pound coffee can.Place can in slow cooker. Cover top of can with 8 paper towels.
Cover slow cooker and bake on High 2½-3 hours.
Serve ginger bread with applesauce. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg (optional).
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
4 people rated this recipe