Oven Baked Apple and Date Muffins2013-03-29
- Servings : 10
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
- 7 oz (210 g) self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4²⁄³ oz (140 g) sugar
- 1¹⁄³ oz (40 g) melted butter
- 4 oz (120ml) buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg,beaten
- 1 oz (30 g) dates,chopped
- 2 oz (60 g) dried apple rings,chopped
Set turbo oven temperature to 392°F (200°C).
In a mixing bowl,combine the flour,cinnamon and sugar. Mix well.
Using another mixing bowl,combine melted butter,milk,vanilla and egg. Stir well before mixing with dry ingredients.
When thoroughly mixed,add chopped dates and apples. Mix well.
Place mixture in muffin cases. Place on the low grilling rack of halogen oven and cook for 15-20 minutes.
Place oven baked apple and date muffins on a cooling rack. Serve warm with a dollop of creme fraiche.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe