Oven Baked Apple Strudel2013-06-25
- Stir plain flour on to work surface.
- Add beaten egg and mix well.
- In a a small mixing bowl,melt half of butter,then add 3 tablespoons water and stir well.
- Add butter mixture to flour and mix to a soft,sticky dough.
- Knead until smooth and set aside in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Thinly slice half of apples.Coarsely grate rest of apples into a a small bowl.
- In a small bowl,combine coarsely grated apples,sugar,cinnamon,raisins,lemon rind,almonds and half of bread crumbs.
- Place a large patterned tea-towel on a flat surface and sprinkle it with flour.
- Roll out the dough on top until it is same shape as towel.
- Slide your hands between dough and tea-towel.
- Lift and stretch dough until thin enough to see pattern of tea-towel through.
- The rectangle should eventually measure about 20×16 -inches(50×40 cm).
- Preheat the oven to 400°F(200°C).
- Lightly brush dough with remaining butter.
- Sprinkle with remaining breadcrumbs,leaving a 1-inch(2.5 cm) boarder all round.
- Spread almond mixture evenly over dough.
- Arrange apple slices on top.
- Fold border over filling,the roll up.
- Place on greased baking sheet,curving to fit.
- Brush with remaining butter and bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375°F(190°C).
- Bake for a further 30 minutes.Sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Serve oven baked apple strudel warm.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe