Oven Baked Easy Lemon Pound Cake Recipe2017-08-13
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Breakfast, Dessert, Oven
- Skill Level: Advanced, Child Friendly
- Add to favorites
- Yield : 10 pieces
- Servings : 10
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 55m
Oven baked easy lemon pound cake recipe. Very easy and delicious dessert cooked in the oven.
Cooking Tests for Cakes
- The times given for baking cakes are approximate.
- Open the oven door carefully, just enough to test the cake quickly.
- The cake should be firm to the touch and slightly shrunken from the sides of the pan when ready. Touch the surface lightly; if the impression of your fingertip remains, that means the cake is not ready.
- For rich fruit cakes, insert a warm, fine, clean skewer or long wooden toothpick into the center of the cake. It will come out clean if the cake is ready.
There are a few methods to prepare a dough for the cakes.
- Sift flour, salt, and raising agents into a clean mixing bowl.
- Cut the fat into small pieces and rub into the flour with the fingertips until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and other dry ingredients (if used).
- Mix in the egg and whole milk, beaten together, to form a dough of the required consistency.
Sieve all the dry ingredients except raising agents into a clean mixing bowl and stir in the sugar. male well in the center.
Melt the fat and molasses or syrup in a saucepan and pour into the center of the dry ingredients.
Dissolve the raising agent in milk and add with any beaten egg to the dry ingredients.
Before cooking Oven Baked Easy Lemon Pound Cake, I’d like to show you how to cook Lemon Butter Cake. If you don’t want it, just skip it.
Lemon Butter Cake Recipe
Cooking time: 35-45 minutes
Ingredients: For lemon Butter: 2 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1 large egg, beaten, 1 lemon For Cake: 1/2 cup unsalted butter, 3/4 cup sugar 1 large egg, beaten, 1½ cups all-purpose flour, sifted with 1½ teaspoons baking powder, salt, 1/4 cup blanched almonds, extra sugar
Instructions: To make a lemon butter: Place the butter, sugar, beaten egg, and grated rind and strained juice of the lemon into the top of double boiler. Place over boiling water and stir with a wooden spoon until thick, about 20 minutes. Set aside and cool.
To make the cake: Preheat the oven to 375º F (190º C). Cream the butter and sugar until light, white, and fluffy. Add the beaten eggs and beat well. Stir in sifted flour and salt. Knead the mixture lightly and divide in half. Line 8-inch (20 cm) spring form pan with greased wax paper. Place 1/2 of the dough into the pan and press over the bottom and up the sides. Spread the cooled lemon butter mixture over. Mold the remaining dough into a round and place on top. Decorate with blanched almonds and sprinkle with sugar. Bake in preheated oven for 35-45 minutes.
Remove baked lemon butter cake from the oven. Cool on a wire cooling rack.
So, below is oven baked easy lemon pound cake recipe. Enjoy it!
Oven Baked Easy Lemon Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C). Lightly grease and flour a loaf pan about 8½ inch by 4½ inch by 2 inches.
In a small mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir well and set aside.
Cream the butter until fluffy; it's beat done in an electric mixer, but can be done by hand. Add the sugar and mix until well blended. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
With the mixer on low speed, add 1/4 of the flour, then 1/3 of the buttermilk; repeat until all the flour and buttermilk have been added, ending with the last of the flour. beat in the orange and lemon rinds.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 35-45 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.
Remove baked cake from the oven. Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove and cool completely on a rack.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.