Oven Baked Lemon Butterfly Cakes2015-08-15
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Breakfast, Dessert, Turbo Oven Recipes
- Skill Level: Advanced, Child Friendly
- Add to favorites
- Servings : 10
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
- 6 oz (180 g) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup (180 g) granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs,beaten
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup (180 g) self-raising flour
- Butter Icing:1 2/3 oz (50 g) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup (180 g) icing (superfine) sugar
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
Preheat halogen oven to 400 F (200 C).
In a mixing bowl,combine granulated sugar and butter. Beat until pale and fluffy. Stir in beaten eggs a little at a time and continue to beat well. Stir in lemon zest and lemon juice. Set aside.
Sift self-raising flour and fold into egg mixture gently. Mix well.
Place mixture in cupcake silicone cases and place on a baking tray.
Place on the low rack of turbo oven and cook for 15-18 minutes. The cakes should be firm and spring back when touched.
Remove cooked cakes from turbo oven and cool on cooling rack.
Meanwhile,prepare the butter icing. In a small mixing bowl,beat butter until soft. Gradually stir in icing sugar. Add a few drops of lemon juice at a time until you rich desired consistency.
Using a sharp knife, cut out an arc of cake. Cut in half to create two butterfly wings. Fill the hole with a butter icing. Place the wings on the top of lemon cakes. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe