Oven Baked Rib Eye Roast with Beer Mushroom Gravy
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 1:45 h
- Ready In : 1:55 h
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 rib eye roast(about 4 pounds(1,75 kg))
- For Beer Mushroom Gravy:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound (480 g) mushrooms,sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 12 oz (360 ml) bottle beer
- 1 cup (250 ml) cold water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) tomato juice or tomato sauce
- 1½ oz (45ml) package dry onion soup mix
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
In a small mixing bowl,combine dry mustard,black pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Stir well and rub over roast.
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Place roast on a rack over broiler pan. Cook meat in a preheated oven for 1-1½ hours.
Remove cooked roast to a carving board,cover with aluminum foil and allow to cool before carving( for about 15 minutes).
While meat is roasting,prepare beer mushroom gravy. In a large nonstick skillet,heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook,stirring occasionally,for 8-10 minutes. Add flour and cook,stirring,for 3 minutes more. Add remaining ingredients(beer,water,tomato juice and onion soup mix). Stir to prevent flour from sticking. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes,until onions have softened. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Average Member Rating
(3 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe