Pineapple Fried Rice2014-12-04
- Servings : 3
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 50m
Pineapple fried rice.This recipe belongs to Thai cuisine.Very easy and delicious.
- 1 small ripe pineapple
- 2 cups (500 g) leftover rice ,medium grain
- 6 cloves garlic,peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 chicken thigh fillet,fat removed and cubed
- 3¹⁄³ oz (100 g) shrimp,shelled and deveined
- 1 carrot,peeled and diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice,reserved from the fresh pineapple
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons shrimp paste
- coriander leaves
- green onions,thinly sliced
- cashew nuts,for garnish
- salt and freshly ground black pepper.to taste
Using a sharp knife,cut out the flesh of pineapple,leaving 1/4 -inch (5 mm) shells. Remove stalks from the flesh.Cut pineapple flesh into small cubes.
Preheat vegetable oil in the wok. Add garlic,shrimp paste,chicken and shrimp. Cook,stirring occasionally, over medium-high heat until shrimp are pink.
Stir in rice and vegetables. Stir-fry for a bit more. Add soy sauce and fish sauce. Stir well until rice is evenly coated.
Add pineapple chunks and cashew nuts. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Stir well before garnishing it with spring onions and fresh coriander leaves.
Transfer mixture to pineapple boat and serve immediately.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe