Pressure Cooker Beef Stew2016-03-16
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
Pressure cooker beef stew. Beef chuck roast with vegetables and dry red wine cooked in pressure cooker.Quick and delicious beef stew recipe!serve it in shallow bowl on a chilly winter day.
- 1 ½ pounds (720 g) bonelees beef chuck roast,cubed
- 1/4 cup (60 g) all-purpose flour,seasoned with salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry red wine
- 2 ½ cups (625 ml) low-sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 ½ cups sliced celery
- 4 medim carrots,chunked
- 2 large russe potatoes,peeled and cubed
- chopped fresh parsley for serving
In a shallow bowl,combine cubed beef and seasoned flour. Toss well,shaking off any excess flour.
in a pressure cooker,heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Working in a batches,brown seasoned meat in a single layer,1-2 minutes per side. transfer browned meat to plate.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to pressure cooker. Add onion and garlic,then reduce heat to medium and cook,stirring,until onions begin soften,1-2 minutes. Stir in dry red wine and cook,scrapping and stirring to dissolve any browned bits.
Return beef to pressure cooker,along with seasoning,thyme,rosemary,and bay leaf. Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When pressure cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set a timer to cook for 15 minutes.
Remove the pot from the heat. Carefully open pressure cooker. Stir in celery,carrots and potatoes. Relock pressure cooker,bring back up to high pressure and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe