Pressure Cooker Cheesy Beef Meatballs in Tomato Basil Sauce
- Yield : 16 meatballs
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 15m
Pressure cooker cheesy beef meatballs in tomato basil sauce. Cheesy beef meatballs with delicious homemade tomato basil sauce cooked in pressure cooker.This delicious meatball recipe belongs to Italian cuisine.
- For Tomato basil sauce:
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and smashed
- 2 (28 oz (840 ml) each) cans plum tomatoes,undrained and crushed by hand
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry red wine
- 3 sprigs fresh basil
- 2 pinches dried italian seasoning blend
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For Meatballs:
- 2 cups cubed dried crustless white bread
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 1 ½ pounds (720 g) ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 2 large eggs,beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup raisins,soaked in 1/3 cup (80 ml) Marsala
To make Tomato Basil Sauce:In pressure cooker,heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add smashed garlic and cook,stirring,for 30 seconds. Add crushed tomatoes with their juices,chicken broth,dry red wine,basil and Italian seasoning. When tomato sauce starts to simmer,reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer,uncovered,while you make meatballs.
In medium mixing bowl,combine cubed bread and water. Soak for 5 minutes.If the bread is too wet,squeeze it out. Add ground beef,garlic,beaten eggs,cheese,parsley and drained raisins. Using a hands,blend beef mixture. Form into 2-inch (5 cm) meatballs.
Drop beef meatballs into simmering sauce.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 5 minutes.
Remove pot from the heat. Open pressure cooker,using Natural release method. Set aside for 15 minutes.
Discard basil sprigs. Season sauce with salt and black pepper.
Remove cooked meatballs,using a slotted spoon. Transfer to serving platter. Serve meatballs with tomato basil sauce spooned over. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe