Pressure Cooker Chicken Fajitas2017-03-19
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 6m
- Ready In : 16m
Pressure cooker chicken fajitas. Skinless and boneless chicken breasts with vegetables and spices cooked in pressure cooker.Very easy and tasty chicken recipe.Top chicken fajitas with shredded Monterey jack cheese,if desired.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion,peeled,halved and cut into rings
- 1 medium green bell pepper and 1 medium red bell pepper,stemmed,cored and striped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 14 oz (420 ml) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves,minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pure chipotle chile powder
- cinnamon stick
- 1 ½ pounds (720 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts,striped
Heat olive oil in pressure cooker over medium heat. Add onions and bell peppers. Cook,stirring,until onion softens,for about 5 minutes. Stir in minced garlic and cook for a further 1 minute.
Pour in diced tomatoes. Stir in raisins,oregano,cumin,salt,chipotle powder and cinnamon. Add chicken strips and stir well.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 6 minutes.
Open pressure cooker,using Quick Release method. Discard cinnamon stick. Stir well. Transfer into serving platter. Serve hot.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe