Pressure Cooker Coconut Chicken Soup2017-03-26
- Yield : 6 soup bowls
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8m
- Ready In : 18m
Pressure cooker coconut chicken soup. Coconut chicken soup or Tom Kha Gai is Thai soup with chicken,mushrooms and spices.I tried to make it in pressure cooker.
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts,sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper,stemmed,cored and sliced
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups (370 ml) coconut milk
- 15 oz (450 ml) can straw mushrooms,drained and rinsed
- 8 oz (240 ml) can bamboo shoots,drained and rinsed
- 1 cerrano chile,stemmed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves,chopped
In a pressure cooker,combine chicken,red bell pepper,chicken broth,coconut milk,mushrooms,bamboo shoots,cerrano pepper,ginger and salt. Mix well.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner pressure to high. When cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 8 minutes.
Open pressure cooker,using Quick Release method. Bring soup to a simmer over medium heat. Stir in lime juice and sugar. Simmer,stirring,for a further 1 minute.
Turn off pressure cooker. Stir in cilantro leaves. Ladle into soup bowls. Serve hot.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe