Pressure Cooker Coconut Rice Pudding2016-02-09
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Dessert, Pressure Cooker Recipes
- Skill Level: Beginner, Easy
- Add to favorites
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
- 1 cup (250 g) shredded sweetened coconut
- 1½ cups (370 ml) half-and-half
- 1 cup (250 ml) whole milk
- 1½ cups (370 g) medium-grain rice
- 3/4 cup (180g) granulated sugar
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread shredded coconut on a baking sheet. Place in preheated oven and bake until lightly browned,for about 8 minutes,stirring halfway through.
Grease bottom of pressure cooker with nonstick cooking spray. In a greased pressure cooker,combine half-and-half,coconut milk,rice,sugar and sugar. Mix well.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Place a heat diffuser on the burner and pressure cooker on the diffuser. Set burner heat to high. When pressure cooker reaches high pressure,adjust heat to maintain pressure at low or high pressure. Set timer to cook for 11 minutes at low or 4 minutes at high pressure.
Remove pot from the heat. Open pressure cooker and check the rice. If rice not enough tender,replace the lid and let stand for a further10 minutes.
Stir in toasted coconut and vanilla extract. Transfer to a serving bowls.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe