Pressure Cooker Kofte in Cinnamon Tomato Sauce2016-05-23
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 20m
- For Kofte:1 cup uncooked bulgur
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 1 ¼ pounds (600 g) lean ground lamb
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flaleaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1 large egg,beaten
- For Cinnamon Tomato Sauce:2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cups finely chopped white onion
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry red wine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 8 oz (240 ml) can tomato sauce
- 28 oz (840 ml) can diced tomatoes in juice,undrained
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese for serving (optional)
In a medium bowl,combine bulgur and water. Soak for 5 minutes to soften. Drain in a fine mesh strainer. Dry the bowl and return bulgur to it. Add ground lamb,herbs,seasoning,minced garlic and beaten egg. Using a hands,mix well. Cover lamb mixture and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Form chilled lamb mixture into 1 ½ inch balls. Cover and refrigerate meatballs for 30 minutes.
Cinnamon Tomato Sauce: In a pressure cooker, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook,stirring often,until softened,for about 3 minutes. Stir in minced garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds. Pour in wine,increase heat to high and bring mixture to a boil. Stir in remaining sauce ingredients. When tomato sauce rapidly simmers,reduce heat to medium-low and simmer,uncovered,until you are ready to cook meatballs.
Add chilled meatball;s to simmering sauce. Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When pressure cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 5 minutes.
Remove the pot from the heat. Carefully open pressure cooker. Taste sauce for salt and black pepper. Remove meatballs from pressure cooker and transfer to serving platter. Pour cinnamon tomato sauce over meatballs. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese(optional). Serve with cooked rice.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe