Pressure Cooker Mushroom Shallot Soup2017-04-01
- Yield : 6 soup bowls
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 large shallots,thinly sliced
- 1 pound (480 g) mushrooms,thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ½ cups (625 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves,minced
Cut 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter into small cubes. Melt in a pressure cooker over medium-high heat.
Add sliced shallots and cook,stirring,until softened,for about 2 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and cook,stirring occasionally,for about 5 minutes. Stir in salt and baking soda along with 1/4 cup (60 ml) water.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 10 minutes.
Open pressure cooker,using Quick Release method. Unlock and carefully remove the lid. Stir in chicken broth,heavy cream,tarragon and black pepper. Using an immersion blender,puree the soup right in the pot.
Ladle mushroom shallot soup into soup bowls. Serve with toasted bread.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe