Pressure Cooker Penne with Creamy Tomato Vodka Sauce2016-03-06
- Cuisine: Italian
- Course: Main Dish, Pressure Cooker Recipes, Side Dish
- Skill Level: Beginner, Easy
- Add to favorites
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 7m
- Ready In : 20m
- 12 oz (360 g) dry penne
- 26 oz (720 ml) jar plain marinara sauce
- 14 ½ oz (435 ml) can diced tomatoes in juice,drained
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ cups (370 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vodka
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) heavy cream,heated
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- salt and freshly gound black pepper to taste
- 1 cup (250 g) grated Parmesan cheese,for serving
In a pressure cooker,combine penne,marinara sauce,tomatoes,red pepper flakes,water,vodka and olive oil. Mix well and bring mixture to a boil.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When pressure cooker reaches high pressure,reduce the burner heat to low. Set timer to cook for 7 minutes.
Remove the pot from the heat. Carefully open pressure cooker. Stir in heavy cream,basil and season with black pepper to taste. Cover pressure cooker with a lid and allow to stay a few minutes to thicken and set up. Season to taste with salt.
Transfer cooked penne with creamy tomato vodka sauce to serving bowl. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and serve.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe