Pressure Cooker Swedish Meatballs2017-03-14
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8m
- Ready In : 18m
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 1 pound (480 g) ground pork
- 3/4 pound (360 g) ground beef
- 2 large egg yolks,at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (500 ml) low-fat beef broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tab;espoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sour cream
In a small mixing bowl,combine breadcrumbs and milk. Stir until crumbs thoroughly moistened. Set aside until they absorb milk.
In a pressure cooker,melt butter over medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook,stirring,until golden,for about 10 minutes. Transfer cooked onion and liquid to a large bowl. Cool for 10 minutes.
Turn off pressure cooker. Wipe out the cooker.
Stir soaked breadcrumbs into cooked onion. Add ground beef and pork,egg yolks,sugar,ground allspice,black pepper,nutmeg and salt. Stir well. with dry hands,from into 12 2-inch(5 cm) balls.
In a pressure cooker,combine beef broth,all-purpose flour and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat,stirring often. Using a tablespoon,place meatballs in the bubbling sauce.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 8 minutes.
Open pressure cooker,using Quick release method. Using a slotted spoon,transfer cooked meatballs to a large bowl.
Stir sour cream into the sauce. Turn cooker off. Return meatballs to pressure cooker,cover and set aside for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe