Pressure Cooker Tikka Pulled Chicken2017-02-03
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sweet peprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds (960 g) boneless and skinless chicken thighs,trimmed
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 large yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoons garam marsala
- 14 oz (420 ml) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves,chopped
In a mixing bowl,combine yogurt,paprika,coriander,ginger and salt. Mix well.
Add chicken thighs. Toss well until well coated. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
In a pressure cooker,heat peanut oil over medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook,stirring,until translucent,for about 3 minutes. Stir in ginger,garlic and Garam Marsala. Continue to cook,stirring,for a further 1 minute.
Stir in tomatoes,chicken broth and chopped cilantro.
Remove marinated thighs from refrigerator. Pour marinated thighs along with marinade into pressure cooker. Stir well.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 18 minutes.
Turn pressure cooker off. Set aside for 15 minutes.
Using a Quick Release mode,open pressure cooker. Using a tongs,remove cooked chicken thighs from pressure cooker. Transfer to cutting board. Slice into strips.
Stir back into the sauce. Serve hot.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe