Roasted Chicken Breasts with Cabbage and Apples2012-06-30
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
Roasted chicken breasts with cabbage and apples.Easy and delicious chicken breasts recipe.
- 2 whole chicken breasts(about 2 pounds),halved and skinned
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted margarine
- 2 firm cooking apples,cored and cubed but not peeled
- 1 small cabbage(about 1 pound),cut into thick slices(about 3 cups)
- 1 medium-size yellow onion,sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
Sprinkle the chicken breasts with the pepper.
In a heavy 12-inch skillet,melt 1 tablespoon of the margarine over moderately high heat. Add the breasts and cook for 2½ minutes on each side,transfer to a platter.reduce the heat to moderate,add the apples,and cook,stirring frequently,until golden-about 5 minutes. Transfer to the platter with the chicken.
Melt the remaining margarine in the skillet and add the cabbage,carrots and onion;cook,stirring,until tender but still crisp-about 5 minutes. Stir in the apple juice,brown sugar,vinegar,and caraway seeds.Return the and half of the apples to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low;cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Transfer roasted chicken breasts with cabbage and apples to a warm platter,ladle the sauce over it,and garnish with the reserved apples.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe