Slow Cooker Apple Pudding Cake
- Servings : 10
- 2 cups (500 g) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (160 g) plus 1/4 cup (60 g) granulated sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (125 g) unsalted butter,cold
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- 4 apples,peeled,cored and diced
- 1 ½ cups (370 ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup (125 g) clear honey
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter,melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
In a large mixing bowl,combine all-purpose flour,2/3 cup sugar,baking powder and salt. Mix well.
Cut cold butter into flour mixture until you have coarse crumbs. Stir in milk until moistened.
Grease the bottom and sides of slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon batter into the bottom of slow cooker and spread out evenly. Place the diced apples over the batter evenly.
In a medium-size bowl,combine orange juice,honey,remaining sugar,melted butter and ground cinnamon. Whisk well. Pour honey mixture over apples.
Place a paper towel over the opening of the crock pot. Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 2-3 hours or until apples are tender.
Average Member Rating
(3.4 / 5)
29 people rated this recipe