Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken Stew2013-12-16
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5:00 h
- Ready In : 5:10 h
Slow cooker apricot chicken stew. Chicken with dry white wine,apricot jam and vegetables cooked in slow cooker.Apricot jam and Dijon mustard flavor the wine sauce in this easy and delicious chicken stew.
- 1 ½ pounds (760 g) boneless and skinless chicken breast halves,cubed
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) dry white wine
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) apricot jam
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1-2 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients,except cornstarch,water,seasoning and cooked rice,in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 4-5 hours.
In a mixing bowl,combine cornstarch and water. Stir in cornstarch mixture,stirring 2-3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Serve slow cooker apricot chicken stew over cooked rice.
Average Member Rating
(3.5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe