Slow Cooker Beef Cabbage Stew2017-03-25
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Slow cooker beef cabbage stew. Beef round steak with vegetables,dry red wine and spices cooked in slow cooker. Very easy and tasty beef recipe.
- 1 pound (480 g) lean beef round steak,cubed
- 1½ cups (375 ml) low-sodium fat-free beef broth
- 1½ cups coarsely shredded cabbage
- 2 potatoes,peeled and cubed
- 1 large yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry red wine
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except seasoning. Mix well.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours or until cubed beef is tender.
Turn off slow cooker. Allow stew to cool for a few minutes. Season with salt and black pepper,to taste.
Transfer beef cabbage stew with any accumulated juices to serving platter. Serve accompanied with dry red wine,if desired.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe