Slow Cooker Beer and Cheese Soup2013-10-22
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5:00 h
- Ready In : 5:10 h
Slow cooker beer and cheese soup.Cheesy soup with beer cooked in slow cooker and served with homemade croutons.
- 2-3 slices rye bread,cubed into 1/2-inches(1.25 cm)
- 14½ oz(435 ml) chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 ml) light beer
- 1/4 cup onion,peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 oz (180 g) American cheese,shredded
- 6 oz (180 g) sharp Cheddar cheese,shredded
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
Preheat oven to 425°F(220°C).
Place cubed bread on a baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crisp,stirring once. Set aside.
In a 4½-quart(4½ L) slow cooker,combine chicken broth,beer,onion,garlic and thyme. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 hours.
Turn slow cooker to high. Stir in cheeses,milk and paprika. Cover and cook for 45-60 minutes or until soup is hot and cheeses are melted. Stir soup well to blend cheeses.
Ladle slow cooker beer and cheese soup into bowls and top with croutons.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe