Slow Cooker Bermuda Fish Chowder2017-03-21
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Slow cooker Bermuda fish chowder. Cubed fish with vegetables and spices cooked in slow cooker.Use lean fish fillets,such as whitefish,flounder,haddock or cod for this recipe.Tomatoes give a wonderful flavor to this delicious fish chowder.
- 4 cups (1 L) fish stock
- 14½ oz (435 ml) can Italian plum tomatoes,undrained
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) catsup or ketchup
- 2 small smoked pork hocks
- 3 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 ½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pound (480 g) lean fish fillets
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except fish and seasoning. Mix well.
Cover slow cooker and on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours. Add fish in a last 15 minutes to cook.
Turn off slow cooker. Discard bay leaves and pork hocks. Season fish chowder with with salt and black pepper. ladle into soup bowls. Serve hot.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe