Slow Cooker Cassoulet2015-11-03
- Cuisine: French
- Course: Main Dish, Slow Cooker Recipes
- Skill Level: Beginner, Moderate
- Add to favorites
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
- 1 pound (480 g) white beans,rinsed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 veal chunks
- 3 cups (750 ml) beef broth
- 4 oz (120 G) maple-smocked bacon,diced
- 3 cloves garlic,peeled and smashed
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried savory
- 4 mild Italian sausages
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 whole cloves
Place rinsed white beans in a bowl and cover completely with a water. Soak overnight. Drain beans and discard water.
In a large nonstick skillet,heat unsalted butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add veal chunks and sear on all sides until browned.
Transfer browned veal chunks to slow cooker. Add beef broth,bacon,garlic,soaked white beans,herbs and cloves. Add enough water to cover the beans. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 8 hours. After 4 hours,check cooking liquid and add more boiling water as needed to barely cover beans.
Remove veal stew from slow cooker. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Grill mild Italian sausages. Serve with veal cassoulet.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe