Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts with Creamy Gravy2016-02-26
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5:00 h
- Ready In : 5:10 h
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2/3 oz (20 g) Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 oz (30 g) chicken gravy mix
- 10 ¾ oz (325 ml) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
Lightly grease slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Arrange chicken breasts in one layer in slow cooker. Sprinkle with Italian salad dressing mix,onion and garlic powders.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 4 hours.
Stir in chicken bouillon. Pour cream of chicken soup over chicken breasts. Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for a further 1 hour.
Using a tongs,remove cooked chicken from slow cooker,reserving cooking liquid. Transfer meat to serving platter.
In a small mixing bowl,combine chicken gravy mix with 1 cup (250 ml) water. Mix well and pour gravy mixture into slow cooker. Stir well.
Pour creamy gravy over cooked chicken. Serve over cooked pasta or mashed potatoes.
Average Member Rating
(4.5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe