Slow Cooker Chicken-Rice Soup2017-03-28
- Yield : 6 soup bowls
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:10 h
- Ready In : 8:20 h
Slow cooker chicken-rice soup.Chicken broth based soup with cubed chicken and vegetables cooked in slow cooker. The combination of tarragon,celery and thyme gives to this tasty chicken soup its great flavor.
- 8 cups (2L) low-fat chicken broth
- 1 pound (480 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts,cut into cubes
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1/2 cup uncooked converted long-grain rice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except rice and seasoning. Mix well.
Cover cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours,adding rice during last 2 hours.
Turn off slow cooker. Discard bay leaves. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Ladle chicken soup into bowls. Serve hot.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe