Slow Cooker Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 4:00 h
- Ready In : 4:10 h
- 1/4 cup butter,room temperature
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) applesauce
- 1 egg ,beaten
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) low-fat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup zucchini,finely chopped
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- caster sugar as garnish
In a large mixing bowl,combine butter,applesauce and sugar. Beat well until smooth.
Mix in beaten egg,buttermilk and vanilla. Mix in combined flour,coca,baking soda,baking powder,salt and spices. Mix in chopped zucchini and chocolate morsels.
Pour batter into greased and floured 6-cup fluted cake pan. Arrange pan on rack in 6-quart (6 L) slow cooker.
Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean(about 3-4 hours).
Cool slow cooker chocolate zucchini cake on wire rack 10 minutes. Invert cake onto rack and cool. Sprinkle chocolate zucchini cake with powdered sugar.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe