Slow Cooker Cider-Pork Stew2017-03-04
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 12:00 h
- Ready In : 12:10 h
- 2 pounds (960 g) boneless pork shoulder roast,fat trimmed and cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 medium yellow potatoes,peeled andcubed
- 3 medium carrots,peeled and sliced
- 2 yellow oniones,peeled and sliced
- 1 medium apple,cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 stalk fresh celery,coarsely chopped
- 2 cups (500 ml) apple juice
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a large nonstick skillet,heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add cubed meat and cook until browned. Drain off fat.
Place browned meat in slow cooker. Add potatoes,carrots,onions and celery.
In a mixing bowl,combine apple juice,tapioca,salt and black pepper. Mix well. Pour over mixture in slow cooker.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 10-12 hours.
Turn off slow cooker. Ladle pork stew into a bowls. Serve hot.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe